A word from Paul Kiel, the contributor to SHOW ME DEAF COMMUNITY
Be sure to watch The Deaf Wire soon!
A message from Anne Geary, Deaf Specialist at Paraquad, Inc (St. Louis, Mo) - a good and powerful statement to encourage us all to help these two people get chance to be on that show, "The Biggest Loser"
Do you recall the times when there was a deaf person on reality show such as Survivor, The Amazing Race, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Super Nanny, and few other television shows that we all huddled and glued our eyes on television? Don’t you love when you see a deaf person on television and feel the pride being Deaf?
Do you want to see a couple of deaf people on The Biggest Loser?
If yes, then please click on this site and pass the word about this site:
Kevin Meyer is one of Deaf Way’s Independent Contractor and Michelle Weider is one of DEAF Inc’s Program Specialists. Kevin and Michelle are auditioning for the couple spots in The Biggest Loser.
There are ways to get The Biggest Loser to notice those two deaf candidates:
1. Visit their video on YouTube to increase the number of viewers (The current number is under one thousand viewers, we need to get them over ten thousand viewers)
2. Spread the word about their video on YouTube and encourage other deaf people to support them (Each time you play it doesn’t increase the number, you need to play it at different IP address, that’s why I encourage you to send the link to other deaf people)
3. Post it as a page on Facebook
4. Tweet about it on Twitter
5. Write an article about them in local newspaper
6. Contact Channel 2, 4, and 5 about them auditioning for The Biggest Loser
7. Get more support everywhere, not just in the state of Missouri…go nationwide and international
We need your support to get them on “The Biggest Loser” television show! We need your help in marketing Kevin and Michelle as perfect candidates for The Biggest Loser!
The list of reality show with deaf star:
Survivor: Amazon (2003)—Christy Smith
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (2004)—Vardon Family
Super Nanny (2008)—Baulisch Family
Dancing With the Stars (2008)—Marlee Matlin
The Amazing Race (2009)—Luke Adams
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (2010)—Oregon School for the Deaf
Survivor: Redemption Island (2011)—Christy Smith
The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business (2011)—Luke Adams
The Celebrity Apprentice (2011)—Marlee Matlin
Spike TV’s UFC (2005-2011)—Matt “The Hammer” Hamill
Do you want to add Kevin Meyer and Michelle Weider to the list of deaf reality stars? Go and pass the word to many people as possible!
Best luck to Kevin Meyer and Michelle Weider!
St. Louis, Missouri