Wednesday, October 28, 2009
*** MORE DEAF BLOOD ON DMH'S HANDS! ***
Just a while ago, I found out a friend that plays as sub on our dart league had committed suicide. It felt like a big stab in heart knowing someone you care about had ended life. What cause it? We will never know. It is possible that there is lack of mental health services to help that person out of suicide thoughts.
I am a suicide survivor. I have been through enough suicides and I have tried a few times on myself. I have stopped doing that 21 years ago. To this day, I keep myself available to friends who may consider that. This is not a necessary step. It hurts everyone including the families.
Historian Arnold Toynbee once wrote, "There are always two parties to a death; the person who dies and the survivors who are bereaved."
Unfortunately, many survivors of suicide suffer alone and in silence. The silence that surrounds them often complicates the healing that comes from being encouraged to mourn.
Now there is more deaf blood on DMH's hands!
Each blood drop represents the following incidents:
* There is no current mental health services for the deaf in the whole state of Missouri!
* DMH continues to do more window dressings and fiddle while we suffer!
* DMH continues to pass the buck by outsourcing to other states!
* DMH continues to procastinate despite the years of community involvement in providing suggestions and guidelines!
* There have been 5 suicides to date and counting!
* DMH does not care about the deaf community!
* DMH hired an interpreter to take deaf person's job!
* DMH ignored a hearing person who has wealth of experience in deaf mental health field! His programs are successful elsewhere!
* DMH ignored a deaf person who has wealth of experience in deaf mental health field! His program is successful elsewhere!
* DMH has only appropriated $539,000.00 for interpreting services only!
* DMH has ignored our request to halve the budget to hire 4 deaf mental health professionals!
* DMH continues to play politics with other groups who are advocating for mental health services for the deaf!
* DMH is trying to control an advisory group working with a local community behavorial group to provide services for deaf consumers! We made a rule that they cannot do that and we are still snipping at them!
* DMH is violating local, state and federal laws playing games with the deaf community!
The judgement day is nearing for DMH!